What is blood pressure?
In human body, the blood is pumped through heart which is circulated all over the body through veins and arteries. This circulation of blood is to provide oxygen and nutrients to each of the organ of human body. So, this blood has to be pumped so it can take proper amount of oxygen in it and transfer it throughout the body this blood also has to be purified. And hence, the pressure which pumps blood and allow it to flow into the body is called blood pressure.
High blood pressure
When this blood flow is hindered and obstructed it leads to increase in the pressure and that’s what we call is high blood pressure. It has various stages from mild increase to extreme one.
- Elevated blood pressure: 120 to 129/below 80.
- Stage 1: 130 to 139/ 80 to 89.
- Stage 2: above 140/above 90.
- Hypertension crisis: above 180/ above 120(extreme condition can cause severe problems)
High blood pressure is one of the leading health problems which effect several lives worldwide. When the blood pressure gets extremely high that means when it lies in hypertension crisis, this is how high blood pressure causes Hypertension.
When high blood pressure causes Hypertension, it gets harmful and can cause threat to life of that person. It can lead to heart failure or multi organ failure.
So, high blood pressure causes Hypertension which is very dangerous so, to avoid this problem we need to ensure that we are living a healthy life.
- To lower the risk of high blood pressure
- You should avoid unhealthy food,
- Stay fit
- Do exercise
- You should not consume alcohol
- Consume fruits and vegetables
- You should not be overweighed
This is all you need to follow and “a healthy lifestyle is a key to healthy life”, indeed!